Kite Titanium frame - from £2000
Kite Titanium frame - from £2000
Frame price £2000, optional Ti Fork £500 (including UK VAT)
£1000 deposit payable at time of order, total due prior to shipment - typically 4-5 months following the order being placed.
Versatility is a virtue. In this age of increasing specialisation it’s easy to get sucked into the trap of thinking you need a cross bike, a winter bike, a touring bike, a gravel bike etc etc. The Kite can be all those things. Dress it up any way you please – Plush 45mm tyres and ‘guards for winter roads, 28s for some summer speed, ‘cross tyres and hit a race or two, it can even take some 650x52mm knobbies for some singletrack action or add some bags for a bikepacking epic. In whatever configuration the ride is sublime.
We make every titanium Kite to order. Geometry is standard, as is the carefully selected size-specific blend of 3Al 2.5V titanium tubing. You get a choice of fitments to best suit your intended use – whether they be rack mounts, mudguards, or a particular preference of axle or head tube type.
Orders are taken in a monthly cycle at month end. Payment of a deposit gets you in that month’s run and delivery is typically 8-10 weeks hence.
The base frame price is £2000, with a matching Toray T800 full carbon fork a further £300, or a Ti fork for £500. Some optional extras carry an additional cost, which will be agreed prior to an order being taken.
Standard frame – £2000 (including UK VAT)
- 44mm ID head-tube to allow for use of a tapered or straight fork steerer
- Clearance for 700×45 or 650×52 tyres
- Double chainring 52-36 max
- 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket shell
- 142×12 thru axle (axle supplied)
- Bolt-on cable guides on underside of down tube
- Three bottle cage mounts – seat tube, down tube, underside of down tube
- 27.2mm seat post (Seat tube clamp included)
- Flat mount rear brake on the chainstay
- Spare rear derailleur hanger supplied
Standard Ti Fork - £500 (including UK VAT)
- Tapered steerer (1.125" - 1.5")
- Segmented construction
- Flat mount brake (for riders over 80kg we recommend larger diameter blades which necessitate a post mount brake)
- 100x15 thru axle
- Clearance for up to 700x60mm tyres
- Options for mudguard mounts, triple cage mounts, rack mounts, dynamo cable routing.
- Eccentric bottom bracket shell and insert – genuine Bushnell lightweight (+£150)
- 42/52 (Italian standard) tapered internal head tube (+£100)
- T47 or PF30 bottom bracket shell
- Rear rack-mounts
- Mudguard/Fender mounts
- 135mm QR dropout spacing
- Internal dropper post cable routing
- 1 1/8″ external cup (34mm ID) head tube
- Internal gear/brake cable routing
- No gear cable routing – singlespeed specific
We can also provide forks suitable for these frames in titanium or carbon fibre.
Any other ideas not listed here just let me know. We can make tweaks to the basic geometry and tubing, most other things should be do-able.
With the exception of…
- Sliding dropouts
If you'd like to order a Kite frame please place a deposit using this page. You will then receive a form to specify your needs. I’ll then use that to produce your frame drawing, which will be provided for your approval. Once agreed your order will go into the next monthly batch and you will be notified of an expected delivery period. From the time a batch order goes in to delivery is currently 4-5 months. If you have any questions please contact us on email@example.com.