Peregrine Mk 3 frameset
Peregrine Mk 3 frameset
*Americas customers - please ensure you select the option for USD at the bottom left of the page to see local pricing, availability and shipping rates.*
Frame & fork price £1100 (including UK VAT)
Drawing on the traditions of the great French constructeurs of the post-war period, while employing the finest modern steel tubing and fitment for modern componentry. The Peregrine was the second frameset I designed under the Singular brand – with the first prototypes landing in May 2007. I’d already been a big proponent of 29” wheels – launching the Swift in ‘06. The concept of the Peregrine was to take the function of those big wheels and put them in a classically styled, lugged construction frame – adding disc brakes and the ability to use current componentry. That brief hasn’t changed in the 13 years which have since passed – bringing with them a whole raft of ‘gravel’ bikes – a wider audience now coming to appreciate the wonders of drop bars and fat tyres for tackling varied terrain.
- Custom drawn triple butted cro-moly steel tubing
- Lugged head tube and seat cluster
- Flat mount 160mm brake fitment
- 12mm thru axles – 142mm rear spacing, 100mm front
- Front - 122 length, M12x1.5, >13mm threaded
- Rear - 164 length, M12x1.5, >13mm threaded
- Eccentric Bottom Bracket insert – 68mm BSA threaded shell.
- Clearance for Shimano road width cranks with <48/34 chainrings
- Tyre clearance for max 622x55mm (29×2.1”) or 584x65mm (27.5×2.3”)
- Bolt on modular cable guides under down tube
- Double chainring compatible
- 27.2mm seat tube diameter
- 1 ⅛” external bearing head tube (34mm ID) for straight steerer fork
- Electrostatic Deposition (ED) anti-corrosion treatment
- Four frame sizes from Small to Extra Large.
- Midnight Blue (RAL 5004) with ivory head and seat tube panels
Peregrine Tech and FAQ
- The EBB set screws should be torqued to a maximum of 6Nm or it may deform the shell and insert. The EBB should be covered with a thin coat of grease and maintained periodically by removing, cleaning and re-greasing the insert and bolts.
- The seat binder bolt should be torqued to 8-10Nm. If this is insufficient to prevent seat post slippage please contact us. Some frames were shipped with an incorrect spec bolt which bottoms out before the seat post is fully tight. Please contact us for a replacement if this is the case.
- The derailleur hanger is designed to only be loosely held by the mounting bolt. The hanger is tightened to the frame by tightening the thru axle so that it is clamped and supported properly in the dropout and not by the hanger retaining bolt. Many thru axle frames have a similar floating axle retention nut mechanism.
- The frame and fork are fully tested and compliant with ISO standards for touring bicycles. Used as intended, it is warranted against defect for five years for the original owner. The frameset is not intended for technical off road riding or jumping.